Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day 19

I would do it, and I know you would too...

Line of the week: halfrican -Julie Banderas on Obama's ethnicity.


Let's start this on the right foot, shall we? On Wednesday, I bought George *fucking* Carlin tickets, about $60 a pop, but definitely worth it to see the genius that has influenced me so much. The show isn't until April 11th and I'm already fucking excited...March is going to be the longest fucking month of my life.

However, in an ironic twist of luck, that same day I woke up ridiculously late, with only 3 hours of sleep, and still had to shower, eat something and print out my homework with my class beginning in less than thirty minutes. I end up leaving my house around the time the class began and after hitting every red light possible, finally made it in...only to realize that were weren't doing ANYTHING, goddamn it. Immediately after the class, I had to go back home to take my sister to school since she also woke up late, but when I got to the house, she had already left with someone else and failed to call me. Fuck you irony...and wipe that smug look off your face.

After History, I went back home and treated myself to some Jack-In-The-Box for lunch, and in case you're wondering, yes, the fucking bitch fucked up my order worse than any other time I've ever experienced. If someone could please tell what the difference is between Diet Dr. Pepper and Pepto Bismol aside from the sugar content, please, I'm all ears because that shit tastes like cold vomit. Of course I didn't notice this until I got back home, so I had to go all the way back, get the new burger and drink, and finally come back to eat in peace. Well, at least until my next class.

I don't get why my ass decides to turn into a expulsion center for deadly gases every time I don't get enough sleep. As if staying awake during a lecture about women's inequality during the 1700s wasn't difficult enough, I've gotta fucking worry about farts that can cause the desertification of my immediate area too? I'm going to beat the shit out of the Gods of Irony when I die...and it's not going to be pretty.

Here's my Wednesday (Short Version):
  • -1 Three hours of sleep
  • -1 Wake up late
  • -1 Sister's "mistake"
  • -2 Jack-In-The-Box fuck up
  • -1 Radioactive Ass
  • +10 George Carlin Tickets
Total: +4 = Good day...

Oh, and on Tuesday I parked my car incredibly close to the building where I was having class so I could get out fast. However, because it was one set of rows over from where I usually park, I ended up walking around for SEVEN FUCKING MINUTES trying to find it. Damn it.

I honestly believe that these two were meant for each other:



I always think about the things I would put in my house if I was ridiculously rich, and when I first saw this, I knew that a Book Staircase was the thing for me. It looks so clean and is one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time. Definitely a must-buy.

As many people know, I love comedy more than anything else. I've been writing jokes and various comedic musings since the latter part of middle school. While I was checking out the upcoming shows at the three prominent comedy clubs in Houston, I noticed that the Laff Stop is having a comedy class taught by a local comedian, Rob Mungles. A couple days ago, I called and decided I want in, so this Monday I'm going to go check out the Open Mic, see how everything is, and sign up. Hell, if I can get a decent 10-15 minutes of material written up by then, I might even try it out, but that depends on the amount of homework I get thrown this weekend. The classes begin the following weekend, March 8th, and at the end, we get 20 passes to give to friends or sell at face value for a final showcase. Pretty exciting stuff; hopefully I can get some good material that would make George Carlin or Bill Hicks proud.

A couple of Ryan's friends, who I met at that insane Halloween party I think, started a blog where they review and critique various nouns as they see fit. Think Maddox meets a Film Critic in an Applebees. Go check it out.

Any day I have clear urine is a good day, end of story.

No comments: