Saturday, March 8, 2008

Day 21

Your religion class is now obsolete...

Line of the Week: Hit me, I'm a woman. -Me and Allen


I finally got a banner up. I just kind of did it on a whim, and yes, I know that last word doesn't fit grammatically but I couldn't think of anything else. I'll probably keep it up there until I feel like making a new one...which probably won't be for a while.

Angelina Jolie and I have what I would call a generally-negative correlation; Every time I see her, she gets less and less attractive. She was barely acceptable in Tomb Raider, really good in Mr. and Mrs. Smith, barely scoffable (That'll be a word soon enough) in Beowulf and now she plays a "badass" assassin in Wanted? I used the quotes because Angelina would never pass for a hardcore assassin...ever. She's not a badass and hardly looks tough, and what little toughness she seems to accrue is only due to her tattoos.

If you haven't already seen this, you MUST watch the original I Am Legend ending. It's much better and portrays the premise of the story, that Will Smith is in fact, the monster. He is the one that's always hunting them while they're at their most vulnerable, not the other way around. Check it out here.

I had Fast Food for the first time in two weeks yesterday. It was fan-fucking-tastic. It felt like a fresh breath of cholesterol.

I had my first comedy class today. It really helped me find a way to introduce my material without it sounding awkward. I'll definitely have to work on that tomorrow to get a few minutes ready for Monday. I'm thinking pure hate-filled racism to start...or necrophilia...sigh...I can never decide. Regardless, I need to get a couple minutes worth of material about the current election, and seeing as I get my little political humor from Conan O'Brien, I'll have to start reading the newspaper a bit more.

You know when you do something for the first time and it feels so right it's almost as if you belong no where else in the world and the overwhelming sensation of finding your purpose in life flows through you?

Because that's what I felt today when I got on stage for the first time as a comedian...

Go to the Laff Spot on Monday if you want to see me do a 5min. set, if not, there's always a hotel room made just for you, a gun, and a bottle of Jack...

No comments: